"Writing is a socially acceptable form of schizophrenia." ~E.L. Doctorow

Saturday, January 15, 2011

One step forward...


Two steps back. So a day or two ago, I had come up with an amazing new aspect that I want to add to my current story. Its fabulous, grande and fixes a large number of problems I had in my own manuscript. It was one of those things that you knew must have always been there I was just too blind to see it.

But it is a major change which means major renovations to my exsisting work. Like BIG TIME overhauling. I had to sigh because I was making such amazing headway with the manuscript and felt optomistic but now I have to go back and rewrite a good 50% of it.

The main dialogues and stuff can say the same I just have to alter the exterior portions to it. Lots of work none the less.

But will I do it? Heck yeah. It means a far richer story in the end.
Ah the things we do for our craft.

I think this video sums it up quite well. Enjoy!

0 comments:

Post a Comment