"Writing is a socially acceptable form of schizophrenia." ~E.L. Doctorow

Friday, March 11, 2011

Man Alive


I know that this is my writer's blog but I really needed to say - Man Alive this is seriously freaky.

The poor people in Japan have been completely wolloped not only by the 5th largest earthquake (and subsequent aftershocks) to rock the world in the last hundred years but also a 23 foot high Tsunami on top of that!

I mean damn was that really necessary?

Anyway, my thoughts and prayers are with the people over there. I hope if any of you have any loved ones over there that they are safe and you will hear from them soon.

4 comments:

Brenda Kezar said...

And to top things off, there's worry over a couple of their nuclear reactors. It just gets worse and worse.

Although it's a drastic shift in topic, I have something for you: the familiar Irresistibly Sweet Blog Award. I know you are already a multi-winner (lol), but I wanted to pass it on to you because I find your site inspiring and I enjoy the music clips.

Samantha Sotto said...

My heart goes out to Japan. It was hard to comprehend the devastation from the images we saw on television. For a few tense hours yesterday we thought that the tsunami was headed our way. It did hit the country, but the waves were weak. I can tell you that there's nothing like a disaster - or simply even the threat of one - to make you appreciate the moment you are standing in. "Now" is the only thing that is certain in this life. It should never be wasted.

C.M. Villani said...

It is just a horrible situation all around. I really feel bad for them.

Thanks, Brenda, that is really sweet of you. I appreciate the love. :) ((HUGS)) Glad I could spread the inspirations around.

Sam - I'm glad you guys are safe and sound. I had heard about the backlash they were worried about. Good think it fizzled out. I'm hoping this is the last disaster for a long while. I don't think the Pacific Rim could take another blow.

MERYL JAFFE, PhD - parent, psychologist, teacher, author... said...

Hi C.M. I agree. I was reading more about it this morning. It is freaky. This is the third major earthquake in that area in one month. And the magnitude! And on such small islands, destroying resources... It is horrible.

We have to be so grateful for what we have and for the time we have!

All the best,
Meryl Jaffe
http://departingthetext.blogspot.com

Post a Comment