"Writing is a socially acceptable form of schizophrenia." ~E.L. Doctorow

Friday, June 24, 2011

Girl Pride


So those who know me, know that I'm all about a girl having pride in herself at any stage of life, and so I thought today would be a good GIRL PRIDE day.

Today, I give you this inspiration which comes from my daughter. Hearing her sing it at the top of her lungs up in her bedroom makes me smile everytime. Personally, I think it is the best message we can give to our little girls.

You should never - EVER - give anyone the power to make you feel bad about yourself. You are EXACTLY how you should be, and that will always be FABULOUS!

So this one is dedicated you are you girls out there. Sing it with me!

14 comments:

Totsymae said...

Nice. I'll have to show that to my daughter since I'm not sure whether she's familiar with the song. What a nice way to end the week...

Cara Lopez Lee said...

Thanks for the smile. :)

C.M. Villani said...

Totsymae - my little one loves it. I can't say the Disney pop princesses are my favorite musical inspirations generally, but Selena Gomez is an acception. She has a great sense of self worth.

C.M. Villani said...

Cara - You're welcome. :D

Kelly Hashway said...

Very true! Thanks for this.

Beverly Diehl said...

Love this post and this song. Gonna share the link with two beautiful young girls I know.

aig63 said...

I love Selena and my daughter loves Bieber - we make a good couple too :)

Samantha Sotto said...

"No one can make you feel inferior without your consent." - Eleanor Roosevelt :)

Annie Boreson said...

Great advice. Girls should never lose their power to anyone and the more we can keep that message ringing in their ears the better!

C.M. Villani said...

Kelly - Always a pleasure to share. :D

C.M. Villani said...

Beverly - let me know what they say! :)

C.M. Villani said...

AIG63 - My daughter thinks Selena is "sooo cool." hahaha.

C.M. Villani said...

Sam - I've always loved that quote. :D

C.M. Villani said...

Annie - Amen to that! :)

Post a Comment