"Writing is a socially acceptable form of schizophrenia." ~E.L. Doctorow

Wednesday, April 7, 2010

EReaders vs. Books

First, I would like to preface this post with... I understand the lure of EReaders, especially for the busy people out there. People who have to read on the road, in the air, or just plain on the move. You know, people like agents who don't want to be lugging around a bunch of 400 page novels, unbound manuscripts, and weighty contracts while they are on their way to meet with publishers or clients.

That said...I get it, honestly I do, but I won't be buying one anytime soon.

I flat out refuse to relinquish my hold on books (pun unintended :D) Call it the romantic in me, but I love the feel of the pages passing under my fingertips or the smell of a fresh binding. There's just something about the physical aspect of it that makes reading fun - real. But then again, I'm the type of reader that will curl up in a cozy chair with a blanket and a cup of coffee and disappear into the world on the page. That is what I love about reading and losing all of that to the digital copy is something I just won't do.

Reading a good book is something to be savored. That's my opinion anyway.

So I ask you... EReader or Book? Which to do you prefer?

0 comments:

Post a Comment